KTE uses the most up to date technology, research and development facilities and offers a comprehensive range of equipment covering all aspects of the galvanizing process.
Remote Monitoring & System Control
KTE’s proprietary advanced management systems enable customers to monitor and manage systems either whilst at the plant, at home or travelling. This also enables KTE’s engineering and support staff to review performance, identify required setting modifications and to adjust without (often) the need for a site visit.
- Fully integrated remote monitoring and control
- Available on desktop and portable devices
- Client and provider access
- Peace of mind with real time system information
Kingfield provides the world’s leading combustion system.
- 100% Australian designed and manufactured
- Fuel efficient combustion system
- Advanced Insulation system minimises heat loss.
- Efficient burners allow minimal number of burners and reduced components and maintenance
- Chamber pressure and temperature sensors
- Supplied pre-assembled for rapid installation
- On-site commissioning and testing
- Modular construction enabling kettle size change
- Extended furnace life – more than 20 years – without major refit
- High velocity stealth combustion systems
- Reversible/change of direction combustion system to increase kettle life.
- Turbo Heat boost function
- 3 term PID control system for zinc and flue temperature control
- Optimised thermal efficiency and heat transfer
- Finite temperature control technology
- Gas, diesel or electrical heating systems
- Furnace fume enclosures
- Advanced safety systems
- Waste heat recovery of furnace flue gases
(Air to air / Air to water)
- Options include:
- Leak detection systems
- Auto heat up
- External Thermocouple
- PLC Control
- Exhaust damper
- Low NOx and CO Burners
KTE has been partnering with W.Pilling Riepe GmbH & Co. KG for more than 20 years as both companies recognise each other as the best in the industry.
Pilling galvanizing kettles are produced exclusively at their factory in Riepe, Germany.
Pilling provides the very best kettles with wall thicknesses of up to 80 mm. There are very few restrictions on the dimensions, shapes and weights of the components.
Pilling’s entire production is designed to minimize the introduction of mechanical stresses into the kettle material. For this purpose, all deformations on the sheet metal are carried out when warm. In addition, the Pilling’s electroslag welding process, which uses only one layer to weld the entire thickness of the kettle, results in a very uniform temperature input.
Pilling Galvanizing kettles:
- 100 years experience
- Made to German quality standards
- Best quality materials and production technologies
- Proven to be the most reliable
- State-of-the-art design and componentry for complete control
- Designed and Manufactured in Australia
- Complies with AS 3000 & AS 3814:2018 Industrial & Commercial Gas-Fired Appliances
- Replacement parts can be locally sourced
- Full remote access, control and monitoring from your android device, iphone, ipad or laptop.
- Fully compatible to interface with any automated/semi-automated equipment & plant management / building management systems
- Back to base (Kingfield’s Control Centre) monitoring
- Redundant hard-wired electrical and temperature back-up system
- Electrical power surge protection across all power phases
- UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for loss of power
Reclaimer King Metal Reclaimer Furnace
The Reclaimer King Furnace is designed to reclaim zinc metal from the residual ash that is created during the hot dip galvanizing process.
Zinc metal is entrapped in the floating ash created by the galvanizing process. The ash is skimmed from the galvanizing bath and loaded directly into the specially fabricated barrels. The barrels are then transferred to the reclaimer for processing.
The furnace is fired by LPG, Natural Gas or Diesel fuel with two thermocouples to monitor and control the heating cycle.
When the melt has attained the desired temperature the drum rotation is stopped, the pour hole door is opened and the drum rotated to pour the molten zinc out at a controlled flow rate into the mould via the pouring spout located in the bottom section of the furnace. The zinc is then ready to be placed back into the galvanizing bath. The remaining ash can then be sold at a commercial percentage of the daily LME rate.
- 100% Australian design, manufacture and workshop testing
- Portable multi fuel furnace
- 450kg per load
- Multi-stage pneumatic positioning system for safe loading and operation
- Easy flow conveyor pouring system
Materials Handling & Plant Logistics
KTE offers a complete design package of materials handling systems and technology for fully automatic, semi-automatic or manual galvanizing plants. With close consultation we can provide the best possible solution for your materials handling requirements.
- Chain hoists
- Rope hoists
- Lifting / lowering stations
- Bridge cranes
- Claw toggle (The original)
- Lifting beams
- Chain conveyors
- Calibrated weighing systems
- Monorail systems
- Control systems
Driers and Heat Exchangers
KTE’s driers and heat exchangers are designed for the challenges of galvanizing plants and are engineered to suit the design and operations for each specific plant.
- Minimise zinc splash
- Reduces zinc waste/cost
- Provides safer operating environment
- Reduces ash
- Reduces fumes
- Improves quality of output
- Improves productivity
- Uses excess heat from the furnace to heat the drier.
- Heated air passes through the specially designed stainless steel pipes and helps to heat the drier
Fume extraction systems are an essential safety and environmental measure for many Galvanizing plants. Effective extraction both for smoke and fumes is vital for worker safety and for optimum productivity.
- Capture up to 95% of kettle fumes
- Improve operator safety
- Push button electrically operated doors
- Internal lighting
- PLC controlled panels
Encapsulated Pre-treatment Rooms and Pre-treatment tanks
Of critical importance in a successful galvanizing operation is the pre-treatment processing. Appropriate chemicals and cleaning processes are critical in the provision of consistent high quality steel cleaning and treatment. KTE can supply FGR lined steel tanks and synthetic polyethylene and polypropylene tanks
Correct equipment is vital for:
- Acidic degreasing
Bag filters enable the fumes collected in the fume enclosure to be filtered through the bag filter thereby improving emissions and reducing environmental impacts.
The filter system works on Reversible Jet Pulse and uses Polypropylene filter bags.
Noise levels are 75Db at a distance of 1000mm from the unit.
Flux Treatment Systems
The incorporation of a flux treatment system to maintain the chemical balance of the solution will result in significant benefits.
A correct and well balanced system will:
- Reduce surface ash
- Reduce dross
- Reduce zinc consumption
- Minimise fumes
- Improve quality of galvanizing
- Significantly reduce cook off times in the galvanizing process
- Minimise zinc reaction whilst immersing steel in molten metal